Tim Napier-Munn and Graeme Jenkinson have published a paper on neglected souther multiple systems in Dorado and Pictor in the Webb Society Double Star Section Circulars.
Measurements have been made of eight neglected southern multiple stars from the Washington Double Star Catalogue. Images were acquired using a Meade DSI CCD camera coupled to a 150mm f/8 refractor, and analysed using Losse’s Reduc software. The imaging and reduction methods were described in detail in DSSC 17. The mean 95% confidence intervals for the new measures were ± 0◦.4 in PA and ± 0′′.3 in separation.
The Webb Society Double Star Section Circulars No 18 Contents. (2010). Retrieved from https://www.webbdeepsky.com/dssc/dssc18.pdf
About the author
- Tim is a past Section Director of the Double Stars Section of the AAQ.
- Double Stars2014.10.01Measurement of Two Long Neglected Southern Multiple Stars
- Double Stars2014.07.01Analysis of Errors in the Measurement of Double Stars Using Imaging and the Reduc Software
- Double Stars2010.07.01Measurement of some neglected southern multiple stars in Dorado and Pictor
- Double Stars2009.07.01Measurement of some neglected southern multiple stars in Pavo