This page provides access to document, videos and other content for members.
Need to know
The AAQ has developed some important codes of practice for members. These are member-only resources.
The AAQ maintains a cloud based document repository, which provides members access to newsletters and other important documents such as the Constitution. This is a member-only resource.
Whenever possible we record our meetings so that remote members or those who could not attend a particular meeting don’t miss out entirely. This is a member-only resource.
Some of our members are fantastic astrophotographers. Here are a sample of their images.
We also publish galleries for our members to view. These are member-only resources:
- All galleries
- Astrophotography Competition 2020 – 1. Landscape+ #1
- Astrophotography Competition 2020 – 2. Deep Sky NB
- Astrophotography Competition 2020 – 3. Landscape+ #2
- Astrophotography Competition 2020 – 4. Deep Sky RGB #1
- Astrophotography Competition 2020 – 5. Landscape+ #3
- Astrophotography Competition 2020 – 6. Deep Sky RGB #2
- Astrophotography Competition 2020 – 7. Solar System
- Astrophotography Competition 2020 – 8. Remote
- Astrophotography Competition Winners 2018
The Astronomical Association of Queensland maintains a library of books, magazines, audio-visual items and software on a wide range of astronomical topics for use by its members.
A selection of library items is available a each monthly ordinary general meeting for members to borrow. Please contact the librarian prior to the meeting to borrow a specific library item. Library items can also be posted to members unable to attend the meetings.
The following are member-only resources:
For the convenience of members, a list of suitable observing sites, along with information about amenities etc is being compiled. If you know of a suitable site, you can also submit details to the list.
The AAQ owns a number of telescopes and other equipment for member hire to meet a short term need, learn how to use a telescope or try out equipment prior to purchase.
- First contact the Equipment Hire Director who can advise you on the conditions for borrowing, if or when the equipment is available, and provide other information such as how and where to collect the item. A form is available on the page showing the equipment details.
- Hirers will be required to complete an Equipment Hire Form, which outlines your responsibilities.
- The current hire fee for telescopes is $10 per month, with some or all of the hire costs to be paid upfront.
Current equipment list (access to these pages is for members only):
Skywatcher flex tube (collapsible) 250mm newtonian telescope.Read More
Skywatcher flex tube (collapsible) 305mm newtonian telescope.Read More
Odyssey 13.1" mirror with truss tube dobsonian mount.Read More
Skywatcher flex tube (collapsible) 200mm newtonian telescope.Read More
Meade 200mm LX10 Schmidt-Cassegrain telescope.Read More