Graeme Jenkinson has published a paper on neglected southern multiple systems in the Webb Society Double Star Section Circulars.
Through mid-2015 measurements were completed of the following two southern multiple stars as listed in the Washington Double Star Catalogue. A pair that appear to be previously unlisted in the WDSC was found just to the west of B2450 and B2451. Using a 400-mm f/4.5 Newtonian reflector fitted with a Meade DSI 2 camera and software programme AstroPlanner V2.1 (Rodman), the obtained images were analysed using Losse’s Redu software. The mean 95% confidence intervals for the B2450 and B 2451 measures were ± 0◦.290 in PA and ± 0′′.084 in separation.
The Webb Society Double Star Section Circulars No 24. (2016). Retrieved from https://www.webbdeepsky.com/dssc/dssc24.pdf
About the author
- Graeme is the current Section Director of the Double Stars Section.
- Double Stars2019.06.27Meet the “D-Team”!
- Double Stars2019.04.01Blue Star Observatory measurement of twenty neglected southern multiple stars
- Double Stars2018.07.01Astronomical Association of Queensland 2016 programme – Measurements of nine neglected southern multiple stars
- Double Stars2016.07.01Astronomical Association of Queensland Measurement of Seven Neglected Southern Multiple Stars