Graeme Jenkinson and Tim Napier-Munn have published a paper on neglected souther multiple systems in Pavo in the Webb Society Double Star Section Circulars.
Measurements have been made of 24 southern multiple stars from the Washington Double Star Catalogue. Images were acquired using a Meade DSI CCD camera coupled to a 150mm f8 refractor, and analysed using Losses Reduc software. The imaging and reduction methods were described in detail in DSSC 17. The mean 95% confidence intervals for the new measures were ± 0◦.79 in PA and ± 0′′.26 in separation.
The Webb Society Double Star Section Circulars No 22 Contents. (n.d.). Retrieved from https://www.webbdeepsky.com/dssc/dssc22.pdf
About the author
- Graeme is the current Section Director of the Double Stars Section.
- Double Stars2019.06.27Meet the “D-Team”!
- Double Stars2019.04.01Blue Star Observatory measurement of twenty neglected southern multiple stars
- Double Stars2018.07.01Astronomical Association of Queensland 2016 programme – Measurements of nine neglected southern multiple stars
- Double Stars2016.07.01Astronomical Association of Queensland Measurement of Seven Neglected Southern Multiple Stars